Thursday, August 2, 2012

Amber & Justin / A Central Florida Engagement

I started talking to Amber and Justin at the beginning of the year when Amber (a bit of a photographer herself) had spotting my work and fallen in love (btw-I love to hear this type of stuff.) We swiftly worked out the details for me to photograph their August nuptials and started to pick dates for an engagement session that would tell their love story; from the first informal date at a FSU baseball game (a mutual love) to their first formal date that involved an ice cream parlor visit (another mutual love, seriously I witness these two scarf down a sundae in no time) to a lake side, mid-run proposal in a grassy field. I couldn't wait! And then the Florida spring time rain came and every time we had a shoot scheduled the heavens decided to bless us with a torrential down pour. every. time. When we got rained out (for the about fifth time) just before I left for a missions trip to Mexico we decided to try for one last attempt at a pre-wedding shoot and planned for the Sunday I returned (less than a week from their wedding). And then we peered towards the sky all day and prayed. Alas...

7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged13 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged14 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged15 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged12 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged2 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged3 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged4 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged6 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged7 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged8 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged10 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged11 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged16 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged17 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged18 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged19 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged20 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged21 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged22 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged23 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged24 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged26 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged27 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged25 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged28 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged29 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged31 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged30 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged33 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged32 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged34 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged35 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged36 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged37 7_29_12_Amber_and_Justin_Engaged39

Amber and Justin, I absolutely can't wait to spend the day with you two on Saturday as you begin your journey side-by-side, stepping forward in faith together.

A big thanks to one of my favorite places in Sebring, our adorable local ice cream parlor Banana Splits, for letting us take over the place for a bit on a Sunday afternoon. You guys are super sweet. And another big thank-you to our God for caring about those tiny details like perfecting patience and a little bit of sunshine after all the storms.

0 comments:

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP