Monday, October 15, 2012

My brother got hitched, I got a new sister and I became an insta-aunt all in one glorious day!

So I have been pretty non-existent on my blog over the past few weeks for a number of reasons, well, that number would be two. The first being that I am working on a super big, super exciting, super secret project for Caroline Maxcy Photography... ok, I'm not going to do that whole thing with you all, trying to make you squirm with anticipation, on the edge of your seats, holding your breath, wondering "what in the world could it be?!?" I'll just come right out and tell you that I am finally getting together my branding and re-doing everything (website, blog, logo, etc.). Not that exciting, I know. But in a world where pretty much anyone can get themselves a fancy Digital SLR and a 50mm 1.4, slap the word "photography" after their name and set up a facebook page I decided that, in an act of obedience to where I believe God is leading me, I am actually going to invest some time in marketing myself. I have even contracted a FANTASTIC hand-lettering artist and friend to whip up some whimsical branding for me (Thanks, Melissa!). And maybe, just maybe there will be a facebook page that you can come to and "like" if you so please... maybe (if you haven't guessed I am not the type that likes to fit into a mold.) What I really do hope is that this new "structure" will allow me to start actually sharing on a more consistent basis with you all some of the truly breath-taking beauty that I get to capture with my camera. So get yourself on the edge of your seats, hold your breath, squirm, squirm, squirm... and wait. You may just start seeing all this newness by the end of the year.

The second reason that I have stepped back from blogging is that my one-and-only big brother got hitched this past Saturday! Yay! It was beautiful. It was glorious. I now have an awesome new sister and became an insta-aunt to her two fantastic kids in the matter of minutes on Saturday afternoon. It was the perfect display of God's magnificent and perfect plan for our lives. But as a creative person, you seem to get sucked into these sorts of things like matter into a black-hole. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Designing, coordinating, and orchestrating the whole affair with my soon-to-be sis-in-law, simply put, took over my entire life for quite some time now. And if you know me at all, you know that I worried way too much about way too many details trying to make it a truly special event for my brother and his bride. But all that really mattered is that come ceremony time on Saturday, my brother wore the biggest grin while he couldn't take his eyes off his bride and everyone in attendance couldn't help but to have their eyes and their hearts focused fully on the gloriousness of a God that brought these two together.

I knew that being in and being present at the wedding meant that being the official photographer was not going to be possible for me. So I hired my super talented photographer friend, the lovely Sarah Sandel to capture the day's events. But I, of course, had my camera in tow (when I wasn't carrying a bouquet, that is) to capture moments like these below.

I love you Chet and Jen! I wish you the best of luck in a lifetime of marriage! And I know that you have only been on your honeymoon for a day now, but after spending most every day with you all for the past two weeks, I have to admit that I kinda miss the both of you. Enjoy!

10_15_12_Jen_and_Chet_teaser

2 comments:

Rachel smoak October 16, 2012 at 7:30 AM  

I love reading your blogs!! You truly paint a picture and share so much real- ness( if that's a word haha) with everyone! I hope to be a blogger one day, as that's not yet my big comfort zone! Excited about all your adventures this year with your branding and such!! Looking forward to seeing your work explode around the county- you truly have a great eye, feel & passion for what you do, not just a good camera... :)
Congrats on all your new roles that officially took after Saturday's ceremony.. It was beautiful and made my heart smile!

cmprietz October 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM  

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, Rachel! Our newfound friendship has been such a blessing. :) - Caroline

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP