Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hooray for Leftover Apple Pie!

It's official, I could never be a food photographer. In the midst of my, before mentioned, series of upcoming posts I decided that I would throw together a simple 4th of July treat for you all. Just a few pics of the festivities from the day that included a backyard low country boil, homemade ice cream, my great grandma's apple pie, a colorful flag inspired cake and some firework fun. (Yours truly, making the pie and cake, dessert of course.)

As the last of our family left the house late on Monday night I made my way to my computer and started transferring photos from my camera. The post would be up by later tonight, is what I promised. Then it happened, the food coma got the best of me, I tuckered out and hit the hay with the transfer only half way through. I got up on Tuesday morning with full intentions of getting right on that post but I walked through the kitchen and got distracted by the giant wedge of left over flag cake. Cake for breakfast isn't so bad, right? Ok, back on my mission. I finally made it to my computer and started sorting through the images. Food, food and more glorious food.

Much in the same way those commercials with images of DQ blizzards swirling across the screen have me out the door and in my car in a hot second to get me one, I found that throughout the course of the day on Tuesday I had to step away from my simple blog post mission to: 1) Raid the fridge devouring any form of a leftover 2) consider contacting all my family members to see if anyone AT ALL had left over shrimp they were willing to spare, 3) Text my aunt Cathy to see how soon we could do the whole "boil" thing again (um, today please? I need shrimp!) 4) warm up and devour a slice of left over apple pie 5) stand frozen, wide-eyed, in the kitchen, inches away from the sweets, trying to convince myself that one piece of cake and one slice of apple pie are enough desserts for one day and then 6) once again stumble to my bed in the midst of a food coma without posting a single image. Ugh.

This morning I went for a jog with a friend and was back in the house before 9:00 on a healthy kick and determined to finish this post. Still in my jogging clothes I went into the kitchen and made my way to the coffee maker which just so happens to be nestled behind the leftover apple pie. Hmmm... I haven't officially had breakfast yet, fruit is considered a viable breakfast, and apples technically are a fruit...

Happy 6th of July!

Happy4th

Happy4th_fireworks

3 comments:

Aunt Cathy July 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Checked 100 times today and yesterday and almost let out a squeal (here at work - don't tell anyone) when I saw the post. Yes, lets just make this an every weekend event. Love you!

Harmony Abney July 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM  

Fantastic photos, I love the USA series and your comments about the difficulty of getting this post done are hilarious...I can so relate!

Anonymous July 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM  

That cake looks awesome. I want one!!!

-Radha

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP