Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dara & Andy / Engaged

Can I just say that I am in love with how this engagement session with Dara and Andy turned out. Ohh the lighting, that setting and those two... so perfect.

When I meet with Dara and Andy to discuss ideas we came up with a "Sunday After Church Picnic" theme for our shoot and chose the "Super Dreamy Tall Wispy Grass" location. It was set. We showed up on a Sunday afternoon with bags full of, dare I say it after my last blog post, props. We had two picnic baskets, 3 vintage board games, two felt hearts, a wooden letter J, a wooden Love sign, some glass bottle cokes, and of course my trusty ole quilt. But then as we were walking across the grass, weighted down with all our props, Dara pulls a bible out of her bag. "This is the bible I am going to carry down the aisle. It was my grandmothers." It wasn't just some random felt heart that I picked up on sale at Michaels after Valentines Day. This piece told a unique and personal story. My eyes widened. And voila, our shoot began. Then something else happened. We got caught up in the experience, chasing around the glorious late afternoon light, wandering through the whimsical wispy grass, pausing in an unexpected brilliant green patch, laughing over misinterpreted art directing cues. And before we knew it the bag of props was pushed completely out of the frame. Sure we pulled out the quilt and game of scrabble (because I had a tip that these two liked games), which I thought turned out to be quite adorable. And at the end of the shoot, as the sun was just about to dip below the horizon we threw in a few pics with the wooden letters and felt hearts and such. But as I looked over the images from the session it was those moments caught in between when it was just the two of them, alone in the frame of my lens, that truly took my breath away.

Dara and Andy I loved getting to know the two of you and can't wait to be a part of continuing to tell your love story on your wedding day!

Andy_n_Dara_1

Andy_n_Dara_2

Andy_n_Dara_3

Andy_n_Dara_4

Andy_n_Dara_5

For this shoot I had my dear and lovely cousin Angie on hand as my photo assistant (not to be confused with a "prop girl"). Angie, you were fantastic! Thanks!

Andy_n_Dara_6

1 comments:

Spencer Girl June 26, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

I loved being your "photo assistant" and hanging out with Dara and Andy! I'd do it again anytime...you can even call me prop girl.

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP