Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Philadelphia / A Reunion

Despite the fact that for the first two days of my stay in Philly to celebrate Lauren's birthday I found myself, completely bundled up, standing at the bottom of Lauren's three flights of ridiculously long stairs, dramatically pressing my hand against the side of my head saying, "Darn it. I forgot my camera... again," I did managed to capture a bit of the story along the way...



There was snow, and boots in the snow...


and birds in the snow, and dogs in the snow (hi, Tug!)...


and foot prints in the snow...


and signs in the snow, and just plain snow...


and Brooke in the snow with my Holga.


There was architecture...


and more architecture...


and history.............. and jokes about history.


There was texture...


upon texture...


upon texture...


upon glorious texture.


And lights...


yes, those lights again, twisted, typographic, florescent delightfulness. Still in love.


There were flowers, and beeswax candles...


and coffee, and lobsters, and a Brooke (who was always a perfect model.)


There was pre-dinner wine, and another surprise portrait of Brooke.


There was dining out...


and yummy guac, and ahi tuna tacos...


and "women laughing while eating salads"


and happy, little, blurry pictures in bars.


There were pleasant surprises in the midst of forgetful moments when I left my ISO on 3600 from the night before (for you camera nerds).


There was a wait for brunch...


with just enough time for a stroll in Old Town...


and a return visit to Franklin Fountain...


for something warm this time.


Brunch, at last. (Don't worry, we ate much more than apples.)


There was a bit more sight seeing, with typographic sightings, then cheese... for four hours while watching the Golden Globes. What a delightful end to a splendid visit with friends.


To Lauren...


and Brooke...


And Remy, and even you, Tug (although our encounter was no longer than 20 seconds in which I took 20 pictures)


And, of course you too, Philadelphia, I miss you already. Until next time...


au revoir.

6 comments:

melissa January 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

just beautiful as usual caroline - sometimes it seems like i get to travel right along with you (well after the fact)

Cathy January 19, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Can you take me with you next time, pretty please? I promise not to come home and tell your mother EVERYTHING. Just the highlights and only when you were behaving. Love you.

b.chornyak January 19, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Beautiful! I love all the different tiles and textures and colors you captured as well as me looking too happy to be drinking coffee.

sarah beth January 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

caroline - these are just gorgeous. LOVE the colors & textures. maybe we should move. ;)

Tania Allen February 1, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

jealous. looks so amazing. I hope you guys had a great time (I'm sure you did. i hope you come back to Raleigh soon to make our family look so nice and relaxed and fun. seriously.

cmprietz February 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

Tania, I will let you know the moment I am back in Raleigh. Or, why don't you just take me on vacation with you to the Cape this coming summer and I can make your family look REALLY nice, relaxed and fun. For sure. :)

About Caroline

I decided my destiny was to be an artist at age five when I won an honorable mention in a art competition in kindergarten. Ever since then I have been following a dream that has manifested itself in a variety of rewarding and delightful ways. I have practiced in the field of graphic design for over 8 years and recently acquired my Masters in Graphic Design at NC State University in Raleigh, NC (check out my design portfolio by clicking here if you like). But a passion that has stuck with me ever since I got my hands on my first Nikon camera in my undergraduate art education at Florida State University is photography. The instruction I received there was but a seed in what would develop over the next years of my life. Recently I have begun photographing people in their celebrations of life and could not feel any more blessed to be a part of capturing those memories.

About This Blog

A great american writer once wrote, "If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan my day." EB White penned the thoughts of my own heart. One part of me is a graphic designer working to challenge the world, seeking out problems and striving to create avenues for change. The other part is seeking out the beauties of the world and working to capture them in our memories forever through photography. This is what you will find here. Me enjoying the world. I have been truly fortunate to photograph such incredible people at truly beautiful moments in life. I can only hope that the images I've collected will forever keep alive those thoughts and emotions that swelled in their hearts and minds that day.

If you are interested in having me capture your life moments you can contact me by clicking here.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP